Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Run Run Run

So I recently started running. Something I've always hated, loathed, and detested. I never really saw the fun in running, and I was never very good at it. But, I said I'd try, so most mornings I'm out at the local track trying. I can't say it's all bad, there are a few regulars and they're pretty nice.






I learned pretty quick that all of the fast runners hog the first lane. All the slow joggers hog the first lane. Annnnd all the walkers hog the first lane. It's sort of great watching five people try to simultaneously run in the same spot. Thinking it was some sort of track custom I tried to get in on it.



Not being the competitive sort, I took to the fourth lane, and no one bothers me there. After a bit of walking and stretching I take a deep breath and see how far I can push myself before I want to die. I think I'm getting better.



I still have a hard time finding the fun in all of this. I mean, granted, it's summer, it's hot out, I'd rather be anywhere else but on a track at 8AM with a bunch of weird people and bugs.

Sometimes I can convince my sister to go with me. She's a lot better at this running business than i am.





All in all it could be worse. I've been seeing some steady improvement, for whatever it's worth, and some mornings I really don't mind getting up for it. Sometimes it's hard finding motivation to keep going, but in the end I know it'll be worth it.













Yeah. I'll be able to run a mile straight through by the end of next month. Feelin it.



No comments:

Post a Comment